Come and browse our five floors of books
, ranging from as-new to out of print and hard to find editions.
- For the serious collector, our ground floor is where you'll find antiquarian and collectable books and our bookbinders' workshop.
- The first floor has a large selection of paperback and
hardback fiction, children's books, graphic novels and comic books, a tiger
and a squashy sofa. You can make yourself comfortable and enjoy a tea or
- The second floor houses sheet music, biographies, plays and poetry, as well
as a harmonium you are welcome to play.
- The attic contains travel, maps, the classics, crafts, sci-fi, all the
ologies and a lot more.
- On the landings you'll find cards, collectables and a large selection
of folio society books.
- The staircase gallery has a changing exhibiton of work by local artists for sale, together with some of our antique maps.
- Don't forget to descend to the cellar for history,
military history, archaeology, art, architecture, sport, transport, topography,
food, gardening and our tiny Victorian Museum stocked,
of course, with Victorian books.